January 6, 2009

Jill of all trades

Life as a server's assistant at a cafe has rapidly gotten old and uninspiring. Fortunately, my desire for new employment happened to coincide with my friend's desire for more help around the house. Although in some ways I'll miss the camaraderie I've shared with some of the folks at work, I'm really looking forward to working more with/for my friend. Basically I'm something of a mother's helper. On any given day over there I might: pick up the kids from school, mind the baby so she can go out, cook supper, play hide-n-seek, run errands, get the kids lunch, take approximately 1 million lights off their Christmas tree, or possibly just read a book or play the Wii while baby takes a nap. Some days are definitely longer/harder than others, but I find the work much more to my tastes than carrying plates around. There is of course the added benefit that she and I are free to work around our schedules. That means she'll get the help she needs to keep her home running smoothly, and I'll get the time I've been craving to be more domestic for myself. I really think it's going to be a win-win situation. Plus, I really like the fact that it gives my friend and I the chance to help each other.

Thank you, Jennifer!

No comments: