November 16, 2007

I'm back!

Hi everyone. I didn't mean to stay away so long. I just went off into the woods for the weekend, and then I never really came back here. (Thanks for the shout-out Trina). I suppose words simply haven't been coming that easily recently. Often times they don't when I'm wading through an endless sea of blah. It starts with a bad day where I don't get things done and sort of spirals down from there. Eventually Allen and I are both thoroughly frustrated, and I feel completely paralyzed and ashamed at the amount of catch-up that has to be done. Then there's the holidays approaching and my sluggish metabolism to deal with. Oh yeah, I found out that my "fire" (or metabolism) is more like an ill-built, smudgy, smoky campfire than an efficiently burning furnace. Imagine how you feel when your fire's like that. Pretty lethargic. Imagine how that helps you to maintain a positive attitude about yourself and your work. Yeah, it hasn't helped me much that way either. There's a few other things on top of that, but we won't go into that right now. I'm starting to see the light a little, but it's sort of uphill work at the moment I'm afraid. Anyway, that's my update. I'll see if I can post a few pictures of our camping trips the past month or so.

2 comments:

Snossy said...

glad you're back, I'd been waiting! :D

Kether said...

Glad you're back too.
I hate when people go to blogs and start handing out medical advice, but I thought I'd share my experience with you, for what its worth, in case its helpful. I, too, have a sluggish metabolism. I have hypothyroidism and my doctors believe it was the cause of my miscarriages and subsequent infertility (with a miraculous baby in between). Anyway, once we got my thyroid managed, my get up and go was back and I conceived a baby (7 weeks pregnant and hopeful right now).
May God pour his blessings (and maybe a little energy) upon you.