March 7, 2007

We found one!

So we actually found a place to live. It's perfect -mostly. Like most apartments it has a tiny kitchen, but at least this kitchen has a window, and there's another window in the back wall between the kitchen and the eating area that you can pass things through. Instead of feeling dark and cramped it's quite light and inviting. And praise God that is has a dishwasher that doesn't look like some ancient Flintstone's relic. Praise God for dishwashers period, but we did see some scummy ones that appeared to predate the building in question. Other than that it has the requisite eating area/living area and the two bedrooms we need. Closet space is good. There are sufficient windows, although I think our current apartment has more window space. However, the real surprise bonus is that it has a real woodburning fireplace! I love fireplaces. Mom and Dad have this wonderful woodburning stove, and I have the best memories of it. More practically though this apartment is on the first floor -a fact which has our movers on their knees in gratitude after the work it took to get us moved into our 3rd story apartment. The grounds are a joy as well. There are tree everywhere, plenty of open areas, and trails down around the river. I suppose it's able to do all this without costing an arm and a leg by being in a rather obscure corner of Shelby county rather than in Riverchase or Vestavia. That's actually the not so perfect part though. It really isn't as close to town as I would like. I had been hoping for Homewood area instead of 280. Not a big deal I know, but I really don't know that side of town very well. I'm going to have to learn all the roads and figure out where the grocery stores are. A small price to pay I know. I was excited to hear that some friends of ours from community group were moving up that way. At least we won't be the only ones coming from that direction. Good thing that with Allen working from home location isn't an issue. Overall I'm very happy with where we're going to be. I'll post more as we start getting ready to move.

2 comments:

Serena said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you!
Queen Orual from S&S Forum

Erica said...

How exciting! It sounds lovely.

God is answering your prayers!! (And that is just downright exciting.)

Erica