April 4, 2007

The thrift store is my friend

Over the past year I've discovered that, in my not so humble opinion, I'm a born bargain hunter. I didn't say I was the best, but I love to do, and so far it's really paid off. Of course all the credit really goes to God who leads me to the places where I can find what He has so graciously arranged to be there. Anyway, yesterday I went to the Salvation Army Thrift Store and found a huge, square, wood framed mirror for $9.99. This thing is probably 2-1/2 -3ft square at least with this curious old frame around it. Even since I saw that mantle I've been wanting a mirror to put above it. Of course now I don't know where to put the wonderful picture we bought before we got married, but I'll figure something out. The only bad thing about my find though is that I found some star shaped mirrors at Bed Bath and Beyond selling 3 for $25 that I just know would look absolutely perfect on either side of my mirror. The more I think about the more I'm having to restrain myself from rushing off to buy them this minute. LOL I guess this is me in a nut shell. One minute roaming around looking for super cheap mirrors only to want to run off the next minute and buy an expensive complement. Considering that I saved $50 the other day by buying one set of shelves instead of the other...

Ok, I just need to go talk to Allen about this.

No comments: