April 14, 2007

tired and random

We're having one of those damp, drippy days here, and that's about how I feel myself. Lately I've been tired and lethargic and apathetic. So much so that I'm not even sure I want to finish this post! Cover your eyes you early rising ladies because I am about to confess that I slept until a quarter to one today. Usually on Saturday morning I'm the one wondering when Allen's going to get up because I want to start on the day. Instead I woke up to find out that I'd overslept the legendary crack of noon for no appreciable reason. That is, until Allen commented on how my breath smelled funny (doesn't is usually when I get up?) and deduced from that, my recent lethargy, and a little muscle testing that my liver had started cleansing. At least that explains why I've been so tired lately. I never knew it until a few months ago, but not only to emotion affect your body they can affect specific organs in your body. For instance, a sluggish and tired liver can be clogged with negative emotions. When you start releasing those emotions your liver has the opportunity to clean out. Considering the emotional backlog I've been working through these past few days and weeks it's really no surprise that I've started spontaneously cleansing. Emotions that I've dealt with for at least 10-15 years have started coming out into the open and being revealed as the damaging lies and habits they are. Like I mentioned in my recent post about the pot calling the kettle black there have been some ways of thinking that I've just held on to, and even as they were poisoning my mind they were poisoning and weakening my body. Many of these emotional habits I believe go back at least one or two generations. I learned them from my mom who easily could have learned them from her mom and so forth. It's not like I woke up one morning and decided I was going to be a self-condemning, guilt ridden person. I don't think my mom did either. Yet these attitudes creep into our lives and left unchecked can become destructive, unBiblical habits. Fortunately with the help of my husband and his mom and more than my fair share of grace I've been able to work through some of these issues. This doesn't mean that I won't ever act according to those old habits again. It does mean that by God's grace the power of those habits over me has been broken. And, as my liver can testify, as God goes to work cleansing and purifying my mind, my body follows with it. No this isn't what you learn in highschool anatomy, but it is true -even Biblical. Christ came healing and preaching salvation. The two things are part of each other. This has certainly been true in my life.

4 comments:

Serena said...

Since you mentioned muscle-testing in this post, I thought I'd remind you about the promised explanation about it! Though, I should feel terribly guilty asking a tired, pregnant woman to do something for me! I'm sorry!
QueenOrual from S&S Board

Natalie said...

You're fine, Serena. I've been thinking about it but just haven't gotten around to doing it. I'll try to get something up by the weekend. I'm actually feeling a lot better today, so you certainly aren't asking too much.

Corin said...

"No this isn't what you learn in highschool anatomy, but it is true -even Biblical."

I'm not trying to be picky, just trying to understand where you're coming from here.

I don't see where the bible says that you need to sort through negative emotions for your body to function correctly. Could you please provide some scripture references?

The only information I can find on anything like that is in eastern mysticism or christian science.

Natalie said...

Corin -go look up a thread I had started. I think it was in the expected blessing forum or something like that. If you search for muscle testing it might turn up. There's a list of Bible references that I listed there about how our emotions and spiritual attitudes/beliefs affect our bodies. Things like a cheerful heart is good medicine and sorrow making the bones waste away.

It's a controversial subject in some areas simply because it's not well understood or witnessed. I'll write more about in the next day or so. It's really too much to get into here.