January 28, 2009

Things I want to do:

So I've been mulling over a possible list of to dos for this year (or at least the foreseeable future), and I've come up with rather a short one.

1. Knit with friends -I'm part of the way there as I've actually started something, and several of my friends knit and/or crochet.

2. Visit Yellowstone -still in the planning stages, as of the current financial situation somewhat iffy, but definitely something I want to make happen.

3. Fall in love with my mountain dulcimer -Although I love folksy music and instruments (and own several) I've been a long time really learning to play them. After you've played "Boil them Cabbage Down" (or whatever it's called) for the fiftieth time I get sort of bored. Therefore I want to explore music that I would like to play specifically I want to learn how to play our church's music.

4. Find a cheaper apartment -this would have to be done sometime in the next 4-6 weeks. Basically Allen and I could be paying less and living in a more fun location. Suburbia is ok accessibility-wise, but there's more to life that being able to get to Target in under 15min.

5. Recover my rocking chair cushions -this has been in the works for months. I have the material. At one point I even started cutting them out. But alas I haven't made any significant strides towards getting this done.

So there's my list short as it may be for now. At any rate this should get me through the spring. At which time I just may start a summer list.

No comments: