May 1, 2007

round and round and round she goes and where she stops nobody knows

Well, it looks like we're going to have another spin on that merry go round that I wish could be called pre-natal care but really looks more like a huge game of hide and go seek where Baby is currently holding all the points. My brothers-in-law have already proclaimed that they refuse to participate in any future hide and seek games with Baby on the basis that she is already too darn good at it. However, much as I perhaps should be pleased at this early show of skill and dexterity, I should very much like for Baby to perhaps get the hiccups or knock over the broom handle and bring us all running to the closet before she decides to try hiding under the bed. (Yes, Metaphore, you've said "Uncle" three times quite clearly now, and I shall let you go.) Sufficing to say that later this week we will be getting and ultrasound and subsequently talking to a gynecologist who was recommended to us by both a friend and my MIL. Hopefully that will clear things up for us. This same friend also (after listening with her own dopplar and doing a bit of feeling) suggested that I have an anterior placenta which would make it almost impossible for a midwife to detect a heart rate with her hand held unit. However it wouldn't interfere with an ultrasound. As for the blood work...any woman can tell you stories she's heard about women who simply don't test well. I don't know why it happens, but it does. Anyway, muscle testing supports the anterior placenta theory, so we'll see what happens when we go in this week. Like I said, hopefully she knocks over the broom handle or something. I'm beyond ready to hear "Woman, didn't you know you're pregnant?!"

3 comments:

Serena said...

Whoa! I just looked at your ticker again--I can't believe you're 34 weeks! I guess I was thinking you were around the same as my sister-in-law, who is only at 20 weeks. Well, your ultrasound should be fun--hopefully you'll get some good peeks at the baby! I'm so excited for you! She'll be here so soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh Natalie, I am so praying that the Lord gives clarity to the Doctors and that they will be able to see the baby with the ultrasound. I am praying for you and your hubby and that you may be able to rejoice and proclaim "I told you so!" I had already marked my calendar for your approx. due date so if the dates change let everyone know....First time mom's and their births are sooooo special. I'm praying!!! Blessings, Melissa D. SC

Amanda said...

I hope that all goes well for you at your appointment/ultrasound. The ultrasound was our favorite pre-natal appointment, it is nice to see pictures of the baby. You and your family are in my prayers!